Friday, September 18, 2009
Death
So Wednesday night I went to the rush, worked out a bit with a friend. When we were done I went into the locker room, my phone had a new text from my dad, unusual because it was later than he usually texts me. It read "Your Uncle Jeff has passed away." Now although not completely unexpected I was sort of taken aback. He had liver cancer, ironically not a drinker. He had been flying to Chicago once a month for tests and treatment. The last time he went up there, a month or two ago, they told him there was no need to come back anymore, the cancer was too advanced for them to do anything else. He ended up in the hospital, real bad condition. My dad went to visit him and said if he'd passed him on the street he wouldn't of even recognized him. I didn't have a chance to go by the hospital, although I wish I had now. He's now gone to a better place. Saturday is his funeral, and I will remember him always. He was a great man may he rest in peace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment